Why we are the best choice for your pet's surgical needs
We offer the most advanced surgical techniques and technology. Many pet owners are curious about what is involved when their pet is placed under anesthesia. At Finger Lakes Animal Hospital, your pet’s safety and comfort are our top priority, so you can be sure that anesthetics are specifically tailored to meet your pet's needs.
Our surgical procedures include the following:
- Pre-Anesthetic Blood Work—ensures your pet is healthy enough to undergo a surgical procedure and that its internal organs can safely process the anesthesia.
- Safe Anesthesia—a very safe anesthetic gas which is also used in human pediatric medicine.
- Experienced Monitoring Support—our trained technicians use state-of-the-art anesthetic monitors to continuously monitor your pet’s pulse rate, oxygen levels and blood pressure. Multi-modal monitors are used during surgery.
- IV Catheter Placement—fluids are given during surgery to maintain blood pressure and to help your pet recover quickly from the anesthesia.
- Pain Medication—is administered prior to and after surgery to ensure your pet’s comfort. Heating pads also add to your pet's greater comfort.
Veterinary Surgical Services
Finger Lakes Animal Hospital provides surgical services for dogs and cats. We offer a clean and well-equipped facility and experienced team to provide your pet with high quality surgical care in a stress-free and relaxing environment.
Our team of veterinarians and technicians is equipped and trained to provide a large repertoire of surgical procedures from spays and neuters to complex soft tissue or orthopedic surgeries. All of our procedures include a thorough pre-surgical physical examination by a veterinarian, surgical monitoring and lots of care and attention throughout the day.
In addition to traditional surgeries, we perform laser surgeries using a CO2 laser. Some surgeries, such as declaws, are only performed using laser technology.