Dog and Cat Boarding Services
Enjoy peace of mind knowing your pet is in the hands of trusted veterinary healthcare professionals. Rest assured that your pet will be safe and comfortable boarding at Finger Lakes Animal Hospital.
About Our Pet Boarding Facilities
- Our well ventilated run room contains spacious and comfortable 7' x 4' runs with a bed up off the floor. Smaller cages are available for those small dogs that prefer the security and coziness it can provide.
- Our separate cat room features spacious individual condos with soft bedding and litter boxes provided.
- Boarders are separated by solid panels to reduce the risk of disease transmission and injury.
- Each run is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected daily using non-irritating cleaners.
- Pocket Pets are always welcome as long as appropriate housing allows or is provided.
- We also provide clean blankets laundered daily for added comfort.
- Our outdoor play yard is securely fenced and spacious providing the safety and space for productive play time. Solid mats provide comfortable footing and improved hygiene and disinfection.
- Dogs are individually exercised 3 times daily in our outdoor play yard while cats receive socialization time 3 times daily in our cat room.
- We want only the best for your pet and that is why we exclusively provide Science Diet Maintenance in twice daily feedings during your pet's stay. You are also welcome to provide your pet's own food with their specific feeding instructions at no additional charge. Bowls are provided.
At Finger Lakes Animal Hospital, we make sure that every boarding guest is our priority by providing personal attention during your pet's stay. We can provide playtime in which your pet can have additional 15 minute exercise sessions and socialization during their stay. Our kennel attendants can even put your pet through its usual obedience routine, take an extended walk, or just enjoy some cuddle time!
Does your dog or cat have a chronic medical condition, require medication, or have a special need?
Trust that at Finger Lakes Animal Hospital, we can provide the level of care needed for your pet’s special need. We welcome diabetics,* geriatrics, and any healthy pet requiring daily medications to treat a chronic disease.
*Note: Diabetics must be stable prior to boarding admission and Veterinary Technician fees apply for administration of insulin.
During your pet's boarding stay, you can avail additional services at Finger Lakes Animal Hospital. For your convenience veterinary services such as wellness exams and vaccination appointments can be made for the day of admission, so that you may be present or such appointments can be schedule at another time during your pet’s stay.
Other services include dental cleanings, spay, and neuter. Your pet benefits by being observed by our trained veterinary staff during recovery and the days that follow. Do you want your pet coming home looking their best and smelling fresh? Your pet can enjoy hands-on pampering time by being groomed before going home. Arrange to have these additional services performed during your pet's stay!
For your pet's protection and for other boarders, the following vaccination and parasite control policies are:
- Dogs must be current on Rabies, DHPP, Leptospirosis, and Bordetella (Kennel Cough) vaccines (first rounds administered at least 14 days prior).
- Cats must be current on Rabies and FVRCP (first rounds administered at least 14 days prior).
- All boarders must be on a prescription flea control program, or can be treated upon admission.
If you are a client of another veterinary hospital you may bring your records with you on the day of admission or ask your veterinary hospital to fax those records to us at 585-394-3107.
|Hours for Admission and Discharge|
|Monday:||9:00am – 5:30pm|
|Tuesday:||9:00am – 5:30pm|
|Wednesday:||9:00am – 5:30pm|
|Thursday:||9:00am – 5:30pm|
|Friday:||9:00am – 4:30pm|
|Saturday:||9:00am – 12:30pm|
|Sunday:||5:00pm with scheduling|
If clients bring their own cages and food, we will board birds, pocket pets and exotics as well. On occasion, we've boarded rabbits, cavies, mice, birds and snakes. Please call us for more information.
Please download and fill out our Pet Boarding Authorization form and bring it with you when dropping off your pet. We look forward to your pet's vacation!